? ??????????????Love Is Blinding? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (1 Rating)??2 Grabs Today. 1159 Total Grabs. ???
???Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Golden Afternoon? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (2 Ratings)??2 Grabs Today. 2059 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????Don't L BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, July 18, 2008

Trip to the Zoo!


Such a busy week we have had here...Monday night I had picked up an on-call shift at work from 3-11. So on Tuesday morning I thought my feet were going to fall off from how busy I had been, but we already had plans to go to the zoo with some friends. We had a total of 4 adults and 7 kids in our zoo group! It was me and my two babies, Julie, Arin and Henry, Rebecca, Tyler and Samantha, and Jamie and Brady. Of course, as moms, we tried to get a picture of all our kids together...yeah, not so much. As you can see above, there was little cooperation from the kids!


Despite the heat, we all had sooooo much fun! Tyler and Arin walked through the zoo holding hands like a little pair of lovebirds. The coolest part of seeing them walk together was that I remember so well when Julie and Rebecca were pregnant with the two of them at the same time! And now they are 3 years old and such good little friends! I tried to get Jack to hold hands with them, as well, but he wanted to hold my hand! Go figure. Jack never wants to hold my hand, but, of course, when I am pushing a double stroller in 85 degree heat, then he wants to hold my hand.

We saw lots of neat animals at the zoo. It was extra fun this time because Jack's vocabulary has grown so much since the last time we went and he had soooo much to say. I love that I can have a conversation with him now, and it really makes sense most of the time.

After we made the long trek back to the car, Jack was rubbing his eyes and yawning and I said "you tired, honey?" and he said " I not tired, honey!" He always calls me whatever I call him. Anyway, he tried to convince me that he was not tired, but by the time I had Emma back in her carseat (a whole 30 seconds later) Jack was passed out cold! Emma had been sleeping in the stroller, and she fell right back asleep once she was in the car, too. I absolutely love, love, love driving the car, glancing in my rearview mirror and seeing two precious sleeping angels in the backseat. I think when you watch your children sleep, you simply forget that they can sometimes be so rotten. You completely forget all about how they whine and scream, color on your table and poop in your bathtub. When they are asleep, they are perfection.

So we came home, had some dinner and told Joel all about our zoo adventures. What was funny was that when Joel asked Jack what animals he saw at the zoo, Jack told him that we saw pigs, cows and a camel. We did not see any of those at the zoo. We did see elephants, lions, tigers, turtles, snakes, penguins and flamingos, to name a few. But as far as I remember, there were no pigs, cows or camels! Oh, sweet imagination!

0 comments: