? ??????????????Love Is Blinding? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (1 Rating)??2 Grabs Today. 1159 Total Grabs. ???
???Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Golden Afternoon? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (2 Ratings)??2 Grabs Today. 2059 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????Don't L BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A nice end to a long day...

Monday was the longest day ever! I got up around 8, got ready for the day, got my cuties up and got them dressed and fed so we could make it to my 10:30 dentist appointment on time. We were all in the car ready to go when I spilled my coffee all over the car! Then as we were backing out of the driveway, I looked about 100 times over my shoulder to make sure there were no kids back there and failed to notice the big green garbage can that Joel had set out already! So I hit the trash can and knocked a weeks worth of garbage into the street! At this point I was thinking, oh, no this is not a good way to start a long day!

So we end up getting to the dentist right on time, and I had asked when I made this appointment if it was okay that my kids tag along since it was only a 10 minute appointment, and I was told that was fine. Well, as it turns out, it was not fine! Jack and Emma were perfect angels there in the waiting room, but once we got back there, I think Jack got really scared by all the unfamiliar equipment. So, like any 2 year-old who is scared, he cried and clung to me. Well, this crazy, neurotic receptionist comes running back there and she's like "do you need help? I really need him to be quiet." Well, that pissed me off. And then she got in Jack's face and said "do you want to come with me and get a toy?" and I was like, yeah right like I'm going to let my child go anywhere with this nut! And Jack obviously sensed she was crazy and didn't want to go with her anyway. So I was trying to comfort Jack, who was basically trying to climb me and cut off my airway in the process, as this dental assistant is trying to force these new retainers in my mouth. She said "go ahead and try these out so we can hurry and get you out of here." This office staff was so put out by my crying little boy that you would've thought I had walked in there with a crack pipe hanging out of my mouth! I mean, come on, he's 2! And I had even asked when I made the appointment if it was okay to bring them and they said yes! Did they think I was going to bring my kids with duct tape over their mouths to keep them quiet?

So anyway, the dentist checks out my new retainers and how they fit for all of 2 seconds and literally did not say a single word to me! Then the assistant person ushers me and my kids up to the front desk where that crazy lady is sitting and she's like "you don't need another appointment, you can just go." Great customer service in that place. Well, being the polite and considerate person that I am, I say "please apologize to your staff and the other patients here for the disturbance. I am so sorry, I think he is just really scared." And she says "oh, thankfully, there aren't very many people here right now." Ok, so if anyone needs a referral for a dentist, I can tell you where not to go! I am mad at myself now that I even wasted my breath to apologize. Because you know what Jack said when I asked him why he was scared there? He said, "hurt Mommy". That little doll was so upset because he thought they were going to hurt me! So then I wanted to go back in there to take back my apology and say "I don't apologize, because I am NOT sorry that I am doing a good job at raising this little boy to be a caring and loving young man!" But of course, I did not do that. I'm over it now...for the most part. And I would so much rather have the love and concern of that little boy than common courtesy from that uptight office staff anyday!

So then I took the kids to the park for some well-deserved play time! Once we got there, I was mixing up a bottle for Emma in the car...and I spilled that darn thing, too! In the same place where I had spilled the coffee! I just laughed at that point. So I fed Emma what little formula was actually left in the bottle as we watched Jack play. He was having so much fun! And I was so glad...I was really hoping that he had forgotten that dentist office drama already, because I certainly didn't want him to feel like he had done anything wrong. While he was playing, I chatted with another mom there, and I always enjoy that.

Once we left the park, I was so happy to be heading home because I was so tired and it was almost nap time! I had to pick up all my garbage that was still in the street and put it back in the can (yes, I had left it there in hopes that the garbage man would come while I was gone and do it for me! I was not so lucky.) So we had some lunch and then all laid down for a nap. And everyone actually slept, thank God! Joel got home from work after we woke up and then it was time for me to get ready and go to work. I enjoyed my quiet time in the car on my way there, despite the smell of spilled coffee and formula mixed with the mulch we hauled a few months ago and a rose scented air freshener. Yes, if you want to experience a real treat for your nose, take a ride in my car! As usual, I was busy at work, but I really liked my patients and enjoyed taking care of them. I picked up charge at 11, which is always a huge headache, but I told myself "just make it til 7:30, you'll survive it, you always do." And I did. I didn't actually leave until 8, but I am much happier leaving a little late and knowing I took great care of my patients and all the things I was responsible for, than clocking out right on time, regardless of how tired I am.

So I finally get in my car to leave the hospital. Oh, how I love that stinky car after being up all night! I just had to stop at the grocery store on my way home. We were almost out of formula and coffee...two things we cannot live without in this house. So I go into Kroger and there is hardly anyone shopping, so I was just walking along, enjoying the fact that I was alone, that I was not at work, and that I was not in a hurry (my mom was here with the kids because Joel had had to be at work at 6:30 am). I ended up buying a lot more than was on my list because I was starving! And then I chose the check-out line with the chatterbox cashier, but I didn't mind, she was cute. She saw I was buying baby food so she was asking me all about my kids, and I love talking about them! :) And the lady bagging my groceries was so cute. She was probably in her late 70's and she took so much pride in her work...sorting all the like items together, tying the bags closed that had the little things in them, and then putting the bags in the cart so perfectly so that there was no wasted space. Of course this strategy of hers took FOREVER! But I enjoyed watching her, because she was so happy to do it her special way. So, I was trying not to fall asleep and I could see the lady behind me was looking a little annoyed. When the sweet bagger lady was done, she said, "thank you for shopping at Kroger. Have a great day!" So cute.

So finally, I get out to my car with my perfect cart. I hated to unload it! And the lady that had been behind me in line came out while I was unloading my groceries to her car that was parked right next to me. I smiled at her and she said "are you a nurse?" I am sure she assumed I was as I was wearing scrubs and looked like a zombie. And I said yes, and she said "thank you for all you do." She was so sincere when she said it, it was so sweet! I said "thank you for saying so! It is my pleasure always." And that is the truth. And then I cried all the way home. Needless to say, by the time my head finally hit the pillow at 11:00am, I slept great...for a whole 5 hours!

1 comments:

Michelle said...

Okay I have tears in my eyes now! I hope I didn't wake you with my call in the middle of the day Tuesday!!

~Michelle :)