? ??????????????Love Is Blinding? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (1 Rating)??2 Grabs Today. 1159 Total Grabs. ???
???Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Golden Afternoon? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (2 Ratings)??2 Grabs Today. 2059 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????Don't L BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

My baby boy in a big boy bed.

I knew the day would come...the day when I could no longer doze in my own bed and listen to my children happily play in their cribs as I slowly woke up and mentally prepared to start my day. Yeah...those days are over! After learning that Jack could, and had been climbing out of his crib, we converted it to a toddler bed. So once he wakes up he doesn't have to wait for me to come get him! He just walks his cute little butt into my room and tells me "get out your big bed." Still a nice way to wake up...but, oh, I do not do well getting up before 8! Emma still sleeps til around 8:30 or 9, but Jack wakes up with the sun. He always has, but when he was still in a crib it was like he knew he had to stay there until I came in to get him, and smart person that he was, he would entertain himself til about 8:30. I would wake up to the sound of him talking to his teddy bear or singing a song...and he would patiently wait for me to get my sleepy self in there. Well now, he knows that he doesn't have to wait for anything...he just gets up and is ready to party! Today he even brought me my pants that were on the floor, and said, "here your pants, get out your big bed, mommy." He really is impossible to resist. I am happy I have at least made him understand that Emma needs to stay asleep even though he is awake. A couple of days ago, he went in and woke her up at 7:30 and then came in to get me! Emma was not pleased. And neither was I...waking up from a dead sleep to a screaming Emma and a Jack who was already bouncing off the walls! Emma was a total crab all morning til I laid her back down at 9. I was so jealous of her that she got to go back to sleep!

Now that Jack and I are up at 7 together, it does give the two of us more special time together that we did not have before. As tired as I am...I am grateful for that.

To celebrate the fact that he is growing into a big boy, I let him pick out the new bedding for his toddler bed. We looked at different stuff online and he was so cute sitting on my lap telling me which ones he liked. We decided on Thomas the Train. It is very cute. I got his new bedding washed and put on his little bed on Sunday night. When we took him in there to see it, he was like, "TRAIN!!!" and he ran and jumped on his bed and did a little bucking bronco routine he was so excited!
When I go in to look at him each night before I go to bed, I am overcome with emotion that that sweet boy with the face of an angel is mine...that he was once my baby boy, and now is almost 3 years old...that there was a time when he didn't even exist in my world, and now he is one of my best friends. It has to be one of the most common things parents say, but seriously, they grow up too fast! I took this picture the other night, and it will be one of my favorites forever...easy to see why, don't you think?

0 comments: