? ??????????????Love Is Blinding? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (1 Rating)??2 Grabs Today. 1159 Total Grabs. ???
???Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Golden Afternoon? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (2 Ratings)??2 Grabs Today. 2059 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????Don't L BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Don't ever let me help you paint...


I am a wife, a mother, and a nurse...I think I am pretty good at playing those roles. One thing I am definitely not, though, is an artist! I got a great idea that I would sponge paint the back wall in my kitchen to make a more interesting back drop for the family room, since you can see that wall from the family room. So I went to Lowe's and I asked a staff member for some help. He told me that sponging a wall with a glaze was fool-proof...well, call me a fool then. As you can see, I turned the wall into a disaster! I hold the Lowe's guy partly responsible! He told me it was so easy, and I showed him the paint that was already on the wall and he picked out the glaze for me and everything! Isn't the slogan for Lowe's "You can do it, we can help."? Yes, it is!! I guess there is truth to the slogan if I wanted to make a big mess and waste my time and money...well then, they were definitely helpful! I am not bitter, though. Live and learn, right? I have learned that I am not good at sponge painting. And more importantly, I have learned that Joel is a wonderful and understanding husband! I think he was quite pissed at me at first. He said I had to leave the mess on the wall for a week and look at it everyday so that I would stop coming up with creative home improvement projects. But then he helped me paint over it the next day. :)


So, my next idea is to paint stripes on that wall to give it some more pizazz! I will send you my new address when Joel kicks me out.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

HAHA!! Don't you remember when I tried to sponge paint that one wall in my bedroom! It was SUCH a disaster. I will never attempt it again!
~Michelle :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your wall! Hey, at least you are creative! Your family picture is great!